Funded Projects2016 Grants: Experiencing Nature
January 1, 2017
The Chris Mikesell Foundation supports programs that help kids experience the outdoors in hopes that they will gain a love and appreciation for nature and our environment, just as Chris had. In 2016, the Foundation supported these organizations with grants to further that part of the mission.
- Adaptive Sports Center, Programs for People with Disabilities – $500
- Crested Butte Nordic Council – $2,500
- Greater Wichita YMCA, Camp Hyde Scholarships – $3,000
- Kansas Wildlife Federation, Summer Camp Scholarships – $1,000
- Paradox Sports, Ice Climbing Event for People with Disabilities – $1,000
To see a full history of organizations and causes the Foundation has supported, see all Funded Projects.