Funded Projects2017 Grants: Experiencing Nature
The Chris Mikesell Foundation supports programs that help kids experience the outdoors in hopes that they will gain a love and appreciation for nature and our environment, just as Chris had. In 2017, the Foundation supported these organizations with grants to further that part of the mission.
- Crested Butte Avalanche Center – $500
- Freedom Hooves, Therapeutic Riding Center – $500
- Greater Wichita YMCA, Camp Hyde Scholarships – $2,000
- Kansas Wildlife Federation, Summer Camp Scholarships – $1,300
- The Keewaydin Foundation – $1,000
- Paradox Sports, Ice Climbing Event for People with Disabilities – $1,000
To see a full history of organizations and causes the Foundation has supported, see all Funded Projects.